Sunday, February 14, 2010

and the answer is...

during a recent trip to target, i encountered one of those "um..." moments, which a mother faces with her son (of which i am sure there are MANY more to come!). we were in the "feminine product" isle when andrew started asking, "mom, what are you looking at?" now of course, most moms would grab their "stuff" and continue on their shopping. not me though...i was busy price checking to make sure i was getting the best deal on pons & pads. after all, you end up buying a lot of these items over the years! as i stood there, calculating on my iphone which deal was the best, the following conversation ensued between my 5 year old son and me...
"mom, i said what is that?"
"nothing honey"
"it's not nothing. what is it? what are you buying?"
"it's something for mommies honey."
"like what mom? just tell me. it's not a big deal. what is it?"
at this point, i figured i was reaching the "grab-n-go" point in which i'd better either grab my shit and head out...or...face this discussion with my 5 year old son.
luckily my iphone revealed the math to me, showing me which product to buy. i grabbed the products and quickly pushed the cart down the other end of the isle. i was wondering how long andrew would let the silence last between us, before asking yet again, what i had been buying. he proved me right that the silence did not last long...he proved me wrong with the topic...
he must have known i was flustered, because the next question out of his mouth...
"mom, can we go get some legos for me?"
SMART KID...he knows how to strike when the iron is hot!!!

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey