Monday, June 16, 2008

Our package has arrived via Standard Overnight Delivery

Ten hours after my water broke, Jacob Ellis Banocy pushed (well, actually I did most of the pushing) his way into the world. He made his grand entrance at 6:47am, on Saturday, June 14, 2008. Here is the tracking of our little bundle of joy…delivered via standard overnight delivery...

Friday, June 13 (note…Friday the 13th!)

After enjoying a nice dinner date at Café Asia in Rosslyn, Derek signed the bill and we stood up from the table. I looked at Derek, with a grin from ear to ear and laughter arising, and said “Ummm, Derek. My water just broke. I need to go right to the bathroom.” I honestly had no idea what to do, since I had not experienced this when pregnant with Andrew. I sat down on the toilet and just laughed, as this fluid poured from my body.

Some of the thoughts running through my mind were:
“Are you kidding me! This is supposed to be our date night.”
“Ok, so they were right. I would know if my water broke. Well, either that or I’m experiencing extreme incontinence.”
“So, what do I do now.”

After realizing it would not be a good idea to sit in the bathroom of Café Asia any longer, I tried calling Derek from my cell, to tell him to get the car and meet me out front. Well, can you believe I didn’t have cell service in the bathroom! I decided to stick a wad of TP in my pants and hope for the best. Anyone reading this who has experienced the breaking of your water, you are probably laughing right now, because you know that this wad of TP was not going to do a darn thing! I soon found that out :)

We made our way to the car, laughing, as my pants continued to become soaked and this lovely fluid made its way down my legs. Luck would have it, that I had a towel in the handy! We called the doc, headed home to get our hospital bag and then headed to the hospital.

9pm...and beyond...

We arrived at the hospital and made our way through registration, to Labor and Delivery. I was checked and was only 2 cm dialated. After several hours, I still was not dialating enough, so I was started on pitocin, to help increase contractions and dialate more. How I'd been taking meds to stop contractions and pre-term labor...and now, my water breaks and I NEED something to get the contractions going!!! Can we say stubborn baby?!?! I'll spare you the details of the next several hours, but let's just say, it was a LONG night!

Saturday, June 14th

My contractions became very strong and the epidural just wasn't doing it's job anymore. I also felt that if I moved, the baby would literally fall out of me. I let the nurse know and she paged the doc.

6:40am...the final push...
After hours of laboring, I was now 10cm dialated and the baby was low and ready. It only took 3 series of 3 pushes each and Jacob was here! He weighed in at 8lbs. 4 oz. and measured 20 3/4 inches in length. Derek and I were both a bit shocked to hear the words "It's a boy!", since we were both convinced this was going to be a girl. After recovering from the shock (all of about 2 seconds) we decided on the name of our newest addition, Jacob Ellis Banocy.

Jacob - just a name we both like
Ellis - in memory and honor of Derek's grandma, Elsie

It's now Monday night and we are home from the hospital. Andrew is slowly adjusting to being a big brother. Funny note - he said he doesn't like the name we chose, and he has decided to nickname his little brother, JJ.

I should really be sleeping right now, since Jacob is doing just that. I know it is only a matter of time before my presence will be requested from him :)

I will try to keep up to date on the postings, but for now, enjoy the pics...


jodi said...

love all of the pics! Can't wait to meet my new nephew!

Jigknitter said...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you both. I have a feeling this one's going to be a firecracker. From the water breaking to the surprise "It's a Boy", he's going to keep you on yur toes!

blog template by : background image by Patrick Hennessey